CBR-Forum.org.uk

New Bike CBR600F2 for me by Bob Kneale

The CBR600F is quite simply the most successful and desirable sportsbike in history, having a unique combination of everyday practicality and outstanding sporting aptitude.

New Bike CBR600F2 for me by Bob Kneale

Postby bobkneale » Sat 12 Aug,2017 07:09

I have just got back into Motorcycling after not owning a bike for 30 years ! had many before then. So as I am 67yrs old i thought i better have another go before i get to the age when i cannot anymore ! So bought a second hand CBR600F2 yr 1993 with 28,000 miles mechanicaly very good with every MOT going back 24yrs ! So of I go again !
Wish to learn all about this model as i a very mechanicaly minded and see doing all the work required as part of the enjoyment, there is nothing i cannot tackle if i put my mind to it ! I am a Toolmaker & Mechanical engineer and used to rebuild engines of all types in the past, so Learning all about the CBR600F2 is my new hobby as well as riding it and getting my "Knee Down" while I still can ! Looking Forward to Gaining / Sharing via this Forum - Positive Regards Bob
bobkneale
(0+)
(0+)

a.k.a.: Bob
Main Bike: CBR600F2

Re: New Bike CBR600F2 for me by Bob Kneale

Postby spagiratwink » Sat 12 Aug,2017 09:54

Good on yer Bob, I'm 65 like you I've had a few ,and just recently got a Fireblade 954, have you got the workshop manual for your bike. :) Bill
http://www.manualedereparatie.info/en/d ... anual.html
spagiratwink
Supporter
Supporter

a.k.a.: Bill
Main Bike: Honda cbr954
Other Bike: cbr400rr

Re: New Bike CBR600F2 for me by Bob Kneale

Postby bobkneale » Sat 19 Aug,2017 12:21

Yes I Purchased Haynes Manual - Looks quite good, read it all most of it is common sense if you are used to fixing bikes !
bobkneale
(0+)
(0+)

a.k.a.: Bob
Main Bike: CBR600F2

Return to CBR 600 F