CBR-Forum.org.uk

my aftermarket exhaust does not have any grunt

The place for all your general bike related discussions.
Need Help: Try Searching before posting
(someone might of asked the same question)

my aftermarket exhaust does not have any grunt

Postby bazza68uk » Sun 06 Sep,2015 10:41

Hi all

I have a 2011 cbr 600f i purchased a pipe werx exhaust for my bike it looked nice but wasnt very loud like the one i bought for my 62 plate Ktm 125 which was very loud for a 125, So i bought a demon exhaust with removable db killer from sp engineering and it still sounds the same as the pipe werx one, So i was wondering if anyone knew why this is, Im thinking it might be the CAT but my ktm would have had one of them and my mate has a 600 rr with hyperflow exhaust and his is loud :x :x
bazza68uk
(0+)
(0+)

Main Bike: honda cbr 600f

Re: my aftermarket exhaust does not have any grunt

Postby Dverez » Sun 24 Apr,2016 06:39

Hi,

Did the Pipewerx sound deep, though?
I think the shorter the exhaust the louder it should be and the longer should sound deeper.

I`m after a carbon round slip-on exhaust for my CBR600F4i `01 plate (with a deeper sound).
Dverez
(0+)
(0+)

Main Bike: CBR600F4i `01

Re: my aftermarket exhaust does not have any grunt

Postby aaronhall562 » Sat 20 Aug,2016 20:07

I know the feeling buddy I also owned a ktmduke 125 with the pipewrx race exhaust it was nice an loud but the stock exhaust on thee duke had a built in cat.thats the difference.now I myself have recently just purchased a cbr600f 2011 model bike and bought a delk 350mm exhaust hoping for a deeper tone now I can notice it but nothing like my previous bike so.answer is our bike has the big cat downpipes wich is taking the sound out.ive only found three companys that do a full decat system.thats Arrow exhaust rrp838.black widow.rrp468.and br tuning 446 quid just for decat headers.now its like do I need a lower commander etc etc.im in same boat as u buddy

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
aaronhall562
(0+)
(0+)

Return to General Bike Related Discussions